Kaylie’s practice focuses on civil litigation in Kansas and Missouri, including business law, insurance law and employment law. She also represents families in domestic law matters and assists individuals in expunging their records. Kaylie represents clients through every stage of the legal process. She has obtained favorable results for clients both in trial and in settlement negotiations.
Kaylie attended law school at the University of Kansas, where she focused her experience on clinical work. As a result, she was given the CLEA Outstanding Clinical Student Award. Kaylie has a diverse background ranging from juvenile criminal defense to civil rights work.
Outside of work, Kaylie spends a considerable amount of time working and volunteering in the community. She serves on the board of WishKC, the young professional’s organization supporting Make-A-Wish Missouri & Kansas. She also serves on the board of directors for Goodlife Innovations, an organization that empowers seniors and those with intellectual or developmental disabilities to thrive within the community. She is actively involved in many local organizations throughout the KC Metro. As a first-generation student, Kaylie understands the importance of education, which led to her membership in Lawyers Encouraging Academic Performance. She spends every other week volunteering as a Study Buddy at Operation Breakthrough. When Kaylie is not working or volunteering, she enjoys going back to Sedalia, Missouri and spending time with her family, cooking, reading and being outside.
- University of Kansas, J.D.
- University of Central Missouri, B.S.
- State Fair Community College, A.A.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- American Bar Association
- Association of Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Kansas Women Attorneys Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- GoodLife Innovations, Inc., Board Member
- Junior League of Kansas City, Missouri
- Lawyers Encouraging Academic Performance
- Study Buddy, Operation Breakthrough
- WishKC, Board Member
Awards and Recognition
- Cali Excellence for the Future Award
- CLEA Outstanding Clinical Student Award
- McNair Scholar
- Pro Bono Honor Roll
- W. Ross Hutton Award